so I just woked up and checked screen shoots that I made yesterday and they don’t look that bad, so lets have small update with my texture pack
(thought if you are more interested in other arts you might want to check this blog: http://petstoomany.tumblr.com/ it’s updated a lot more often, thought it’s all about pets so you know…)
btw. it’s 32x32 texture pack
1. just general look at the world, it don’t give the same feel as flat world *scratch head*. In bottom image on the right gravel texture, that I have no idea waht to do with yet o_x (not liking it)
2. The biggest change I made. Top image show original sand and sandstone textures, the bottom one is how they are looking now. I tried to make it mimic outlands. Now I just need to somehow change cactus into pointy rocks…
The only problem is, that I like old texture too, but I’m not sure what to use it for…
3. Grass and flowers. I actualy really like how tall grass make plains look like big field of fluffy dandelion xD
4. Snow, water and you can see some ice, thought I really need to change its color :x
on the bottom vines (I didn’t worked on the leaves yet). Vines are actualy one of first block I finished xD
5. Stone, cobblestone and glass over lava.
(bottom one) I still need to work on colors for biomes, for now forest is too green, extreme hills too white and swamps too grey, but I will get too it.
6. Cave and ores… they don’t look so in your face when you just run arond the caves, just when you put them all together. I honestly wish I could make them all one color, I really want overworld to be all cyan/teal/white, but no can do xP
7. And rails that I changed 3 times already (like them now) and furnance which I too changed 3 times already, but I still don’t like
(and as you can see I didn’t worked on the sun yet)
and I hardly suggest to ignore the sky, I messed up clouds .png and it look wierd (though sky color is actualy how it will look, I just wish I could change fog color…)
so yeah going slowly…
Something I’m working on whenever other things don’t want to work out. Minecraft texture pack inspired by my currently most favourite show ever Tron: Uprising (<3).
Not exactly most innovative thing in the world, there are like bazillion other tron themed texture packs, but it’s fun to work with so who cares xD
Anyway I still need to do a lot, like redo gravel texture, because it’s awful, but I’m not in a rush xD
And considering I’m already cluttering tron uprising tag… I really don’t understand peoples problem with character faces. They are so awesome x’D (and so nicely animated)